Kurppa Hosk New York is now hiring a junior designer. S/he is looking to further develop their existing skills by working with the senior creative staff on a range of ambitious and innovative projects.
A good knowledge of the following tools is required:
- After Effects
- Any other motion/3D related software is a big plus
Communication is a very important part of Kurppa Hosk, so you must feel confident and comfortable enough to present your ideas in a clear and concise manner. You like to keep track of trends and are keen on sharing relevant insights with the rest of the team. Above all, you have a genuine love for the craft of design.
The specific details of a junior designer’s role vary depending on the projects assigned, but common activities include:
- Offering input to creative meetings and sharing ideas
- Producing attractive and effective designs for all media
- Communicating with senior team members to receive feedback
- Liaising effectively with clients and other team members
- Supporting the team throughout the execution of campaigns and projects
- Supporting senior staff in preparing presentations/strategies
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; you are fluent in English and have a good command of additional languages
- A determination to achieve and succeed
- 1-2 years of creative industry experience
- The ability to meet deadlines in a high pressure environment
- The ability to see projects through from concept to completion
- Good organisational skills that support the rest of the team
- The motivation to maintain and improve design standards
- The willingness to listen to feedback and use it to improve
Please send your Portfolio, CV and a few words about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mark the subject line of your email “Junior Designer”. We look forward to hearing from you!
Senior Digital Designer
Kurppa Hosk is looking for a Senior Digital Designer. In this role you’ll be the leading designer in projects ranging from corporate websites, e-commerce, services, apps to brands social presence. You will be working closely with strategists, client services and other creatives in developing and deploying outstanding digital brand experiences for our clients. The role requires you to have excellent conceptual and visual skills. In addition, we expect you to have equally good social and oral communication skills.
The suitable candidate works well under pressure, is energetic, self-propelled, structured and has a great attention to detail. You are able to juggle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, many times under tight deadlines. Eager to learn and taking cues from others, you happily share your experiences with the team, contributing to their further development. We work, but always with the support of the team. We have high expectations and a great deal of fun as well.
- Forging and executing exciting digital ideas
- Generating ideas and selling them to clients and other members of the team
- Translate design and feature specifications into wireframes and mockups
- Provide user-centered design expertise from concept to delivery
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure consistency of brand identity
- Ensure graphic solutions are optimized for integration, performance, usability and sustainability
- Delegating tasks and providing support for less senior members of the team
- Maintaining high standards and ensuring only the best work is released to the client
- Collaborating across the agency to drive up standards of digital creativity
- Staying up to date with industry trends
- Relevant education within design, preferably digital design
- 4 to 6 years work experience from digital design work
- Fluent in English, additional languages a plus
- In-depth digital design capabilities across multiple platforms
- E-commerce design experience
- Knowledge of UX principles and how to design in accordance with them
- Excellent conceptual and graphic skills, layout and typographic skills
- Experience of Brand Identity systems
- Ability to work independently or as part of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Great skills in the standard software, skills and interest in new software is an advantage (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Cinema, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Please send your Portfolio, CV and a few words about yourself to email@example.com. Please mark the subject line of your email “Senior Digital Designer”. We look forward to hearing from you!
We’re happy to announce that Kurppa Hosk New York is now open for business and job applications. We’re primarily looking for junior and senior designers and account people. Please send your resume and portfolio to our Managing Director in NYC, Alexander Kouznetsov, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
— A solid and strong personal portfolio.
— BA degree in Graphic Design or equivalent practical experience.
— Minimum 6 years experience within an agency or similar organisation.
— Prior experience of digital branding projects.
— Ability to work independently and within a team as required.
— Great understanding of composition, grid systems, typography, colors and passionate about digital, visual identity and clean, functional design.
— Attention to detail, organized and understanding the importance of exceptional production throughout projects.
About Kurppa Hosk:
Founded in 2009, Kurppa Hosk is a fast-moving and human-centered design agency. We collaborate with forward-looking businesses and brands that are in the process of change. We help them to facilitate this change by defining and designing purpose-driven experiences that strengthen relationships with users, customers, employees and society at large.
We do it through our approach Business Artistry. It intertwines business thinking and insight with imagination, intuition, iteration, beauty and meticulous craftsmanship. Because we believe that truly transformational ideas are conceived in the intersection between the linear and non-linear, the rational and irrational. Our Business Artistry approach is applied across industries, cultures, markets, channels and technologies.
Our client list include SEB, Intrum, Tele2, Armani, Pinterest to name a few.
To apply, please send your portfolio, CV and a couple of lines about yourself to email@example.com.
This is a full time position, with an immediate start — we’re however willing to wait for the right candidates. International applicants are welcome.
We are super proud and excited to announce we’ve been appointed Djurgården Fotboll’s new branding partner.
Kurppa Hosk is proud to partner up with the world’s most visited low carb site — DietDoctor.
No more Frank
New communication concept for Tele2 with Edelman Deportivo.
One of the most famous communication concepts in Sweden in the 2000s, Frank the (cheap) sheep, have come to an end. In collaboration with creative partner Edelman Deportivo, Tele2’s PR agency, we got the honor to be a part of the promotion that starts this week. Featuring none other than actor Joel Kinnaman.
See more on:
Live in Paris!
Armanis first ever fashion show outside Italy.
We’ve been working with Armani on a project called EALiveInParis — a digital campaign running up to Armanis first ever fashion show outside Italy in Paris on the 3rd of October. The content has been produced together with Hunger Magazine in London. Check it out at:
We’re happy to announce that we’ve been appointed leading Scandinavian bank SEB’s new design agency.
Happy to announce our nomination for Designtorget in Guldägget 2016.